Recently I created an application to recycle the .net Application pool without logging into the server. It is a .net website with a dropdown showing the list of servers. On selecting a server, user can populate the all the application pools available in that server and user can recycle the application pool.
Page with dropdown and buttons.
List of application pools and a button to recycle it.
- The server list can be added in the configuration file.
- Status Check will provide you the status of the application pool.
- This .Net application should run with an account which has admin access to all the servers.
- SMTP can be configured in the web.config.
- After each recycle, this application will send a mail to the list of configured email ids.
- This application logs the activity in the logs folder.
You can download the application here.